Piper Pest Control, Inc.
Wake Forest, NC 27587Phone: (919) 266-9421
Fax: (919) 217-2408
Monday - Friday:
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
7:30 am - 4:30 pm
773-P.W. NC. LICENSE
Piper Pest Control would like to provide you with the following tips to avoid pests and termites:
- Eliminate any damp conditions in or near your house.
- Avoid having wooden parts of porches and decks touch the ground.
- Keep branches from touching your house.
- Remove dead trees.
- Keep your home as clean as possible.
- Eliminate pathway areas by sealing or screening.
- Cover, seal, and put away all food when not in use.
- Avoid leaving standing water out anywhere.
- Frequently vacuum carpet and furniture.
- Keep pets in the yard.
- Keep lawn well-maintained.
- Remove wild animals from structure.
- Install or repair existing screens.
- Change lighting.
- Remove garbage daily.
- Keep trash cans tightly covered and clean.
- Repair any cracks around siding, doors, and windows.
Mice and Rats
- Install physical barriers.
- Clean up under work units where food debris can build up.
- Check that doors fit tightly.
- Inspect incoming boxes.
- Avoid garbage accumulation.
- Try to locate and eliminate nests.
- Correct any drainage in houseplants.
- Seal cracks in concrete slabs and pavement.
Pantry and Fabric Pests
- Inspect foods and their packaging prior to storage.
- Try to store foods in glass or plastic containers.
- Clean old containers before filling them with fresh food.
- Clean up spilled liquids and foods.
- Store only clean cloths.
- Eliminate any wood contact of your home with the soil.
- Remove paper debris and scrap wood lying around.
- Improve ventilation by reducing the humidity in crawl spaces.
- Prevent shrubs and vines from growing over and covering the vents.